|Welcome | Log In|
c/o Dallas Public Library
1515 Young St.
Dallas, TX 75201
Mon.-Fri., 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Until August 31, 2012, interlibrary loan for public libraries in Texas, was funded by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, which covered 100% of the costs associated with the service, including: staffing, mailing supplies, courier service, and postage. State funding for ILL has been eliminated.
Welcome to the Interlibrary Loan division of the Dallas Public Library. Please take a moment to read this page before submitting your request. Interlibrary Loan service is available to those persons eligible for a free Dallas Public library card. If you live outside the city of Dallas you can contact your local library to request materials through Interlibrary Loan. Most public libraries provide this service.
Before requesting any material through Interlibrary Loan, you must have a current library card. This applies to both juvenile and adult library cards. You must present your library card in order to pick up Interlibrary Loan materials. When you register for the account, your address must match the address on your library card.
- A $3.00 per item charge will be added to customer accounts for materials acquired through Interlibrary Loan.
- Standard overdue fines apply to ILL materials.
- Customers will be limited to five active ILL requests and no requests for media (DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks) will be accepted.
- For newer materials that are not available through ILL, consider trying our Customer Request Program.
We will process your request unless there is a problem with your library card as indicated in the following examples:
- There is a fine (for overdue materials and/or lost materials) associated with your library card account and/or Interlibrary Loan account.
- Your Interlibrary Loan account's address does not match your library card account.
- Interlibrary Loan staff will send you notification to clear the fines against your account before your request is processed.
Items owned by Dallas Public Library, even if they are for reference only, may not be requested using this service and any requests placed for such items will be, regrettably, cancelled. Please check the Dallas Public Library Catalog before requesting materials through Interlibrary Loan requests.
Although Interlibrary Loan provides access to journal articles, books, microfilm, musical scores, and other materials that are not available from the Dallas Public Library system, there may be some limited availability. Not all libraries will lend their material. To learn more about this service, click on this link.
Please note that Interlibrary Loan materials may take two to six weeks to arrive.top
Note: It is necessary to create an Interlibrary Loan account before using this system. To place an request using OCLC Worldcat, follow these steps: