White Rock Hills Branch Library | 9150 Ferguson Road | Dallas, Texas 75228
The White Rock Hills Branch Library will be the 27th branch library in the Dallas Public Library system. Located at Ferguson Road and Hibiscus Drive behind the White Rock Church of Christ, the library is scheduled to open on June 16, 2012.
This will be Silver LEED Certified Building (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). A few of its unique features include energy efficient lighting with daylight harvesting, air conditioning and heating, organic landscape materials, excellent indoor air quality (by the use of environmentally friendly materials) and the use of local building materials.
- 100 parking spaces.
- Public meeting space seating 100 with kitchenette and restrooms that can be closed from the building for after-hours use.
- Classroom space that can be divided into two meeting areas seating 24. This area can also be closed from the library and accessed after-hours.
- Houses up to 45,000 to 50,000 volume collection of books and media.
- Separate public service areas: Adults, Teen Centers, and Children’s Area.
- Public computer workstations and laptops for public use.
- Free wireless access.
- Two self checkout stations.
- Drive-up access for book and media returns.
- Easy access to DART or alternate transportation.